UV hazard awareness training
Custom designed integrated training solution to help operators, supervisors and managers to safely use UV light equipment in the workplace. Also essential for all persons exposed to electric arc welding (including MIG and TIG) and plasma cutting.
It will also help employers meet their obligations for the safe use of UV light in the workplace under the Control of Artificial Optical Radiation at Work Regulations 2010.
Usually conducted on your site and tailored to your specific requirements. Includes course notes.
Aimed at operators of UV light equipment, supervisors, managers and persons who could be exposed to artificial UV light in the workplace, including welding and plasma cutting.
The Regulations define the following:
- Workers must not be exposed above the exposure limit values and should be provided with specific information, instruction and training
- Statutory UV light exposure limit values (ELVs)
- Minimum health & safety requirements for protection of workers from risks arising or likely to arise from artificial UV light exposure
- Employers must determine personal UV light exposure levels and compare with the exposure limit values as a means of assessing risk and necessary controls
- Definition and classification of UV light
- Potential adverse health effects to unprotected skin and eyes from overexposure to UV light
- Heightened individual susceptibility
- Detection of adverse health effects and reporting
- Entitlement to medical examination/health surveillance where necessary
- UV light exposure limit values (ELVs) with a comparison to natural sunlight for a perspective
- Control measures and safe working practices to minimise the risk
We are proud to be trusted by some of the World’s top companies, supplying UV equipment, training and consultancy to the likes of: